Friday, January 29, 2010

Talking to myself

I am learning that I sort of like life in the 21st century, particularly as a middle-aged woman with too much time on her hands. A hundred years ago, I would have had all these ideas and musings rattling around in my brain, brilliant thoughts and sparkling wit...but would have had no outlet for them, beyond driving my family to distraction. Sadly, I would have gone down to my grave with all these lofty, important thoughts still locked in my brain. Now, thanks to the miracle of the internet, I can sit down at my computer (instead of doing the laundry, dishes, etc.) and let my fingers roam the keys. The flood gates open and out tumble my opinions, like litter on the side of the road, where people passing by MIGHT pick them up and wonder what to do with them--or might just shake their heads and mutter, "Such a shame that people toss their useless junk out the window."

In any event, I think I think too much. I watch too much news, read too many magazines, and ponder too many things. My brain becomes seriously constipated at times, weighed down with both the significant and the trivial, all bumping around into each other in my brain, like folks at a cocktail party after the bar's been open for an hour or two. Eventually, somebody is going to have to go home, or things are going to get unmanageable. Maybe the concept of a "blog" is simply a polite way of showing the door to ideas who have had one-too-many and need to go somewhere and sleep it off.

Perhaps, if I spill some of these ideas out of my head and on to the information super highway, they will either pick up a ride with somebody else and go on to do something constructive elsewhere...or they will be flattened by a semi driven by someone with much higher ideas than mine and they will get the quick death they deserve.

Either way, it's better than the dishes and laundry any day!!

1 comment:

  1. Kat,
    You absolutely waited tooo long to blog - you defintely have the greatest gift of gab more than anyone one I know - I look forward to reading your side of the road stuff daily. And remember me when you are famous. hb

    ReplyDelete